Astroparticle Physics: Proceedings of the First Ncts by Guey-Lin Lin, Kin-Wang Ng, Husain Athar

By Guey-Lin Lin, Kin-Wang Ng, Husain Athar

Complaints fo the 1st NCTS Workshop. includes precise articles through theorists and experimentalists within the newly constructing box of astroparticle physics. a few of the issues comprise: neutrinos in astroparticle physics, giant bang nucleosynthesis, string thought and cosmology.

Show description

Read or Download Astroparticle Physics: Proceedings of the First Ncts Workshop, Kenting, Taiwan, 6-8 December 2001 PDF

Similar cosmology books

The Rebirth of Nature: The Greening of Science and God

Rupert Sheldrake, one of many world's preeminent biologists, has revolutionized medical considering along with his imaginative and prescient of a dwelling, constructing universe--one with its personal inherent reminiscence. within the Rebirth of Nature, Sheldrake urges us to maneuver past the centuries-old mechanistic view of nature, explaining why we will now not regard the area as inanimate and purposeless.

The Cosmic Web: Mysterious Architecture of the Universe

J. Richard Gott was once one of the first cosmologists to suggest that the constitution of our universe is sort of a sponge made from clusters of galaxies intricately attached by way of filaments of galaxies--a excellent constitution now known as the "cosmic web" and mapped greatly by way of groups of astronomers.

Three Views on Creation and Evolution (Counterpoints)

For Christians, the problems raised via different perspectives on construction and evolution are demanding. Can a "young earth" be reconciled with a universe that looks to be billions of years previous? Does clinical proof aspect to a God who designed the universe and existence in all its complexity? 3 perspectives on production and Evolution offers with those and related issues because it seems at 3 dominant faculties of Christian idea.

Extra info for Astroparticle Physics: Proceedings of the First Ncts Workshop, Kenting, Taiwan, 6-8 December 2001

Example text

Sarkar, to appear in the Review of Particle Properties, 2002. 3. M. Krauss and P. J. 358, 47 (1990); M. Smith, L. A. J. Supp. 85, 219 (1993); N. J. Scherrer, G. Steigman, D. P. J.

Emparan et al, hepph/0109287 and references therein. 22 10. T. C. 2000, Proceedings of the International Symposium on High Energy Gamma-Ray Astronomy, Heidelberg, June 2000, astro-ph/0010431; R. A. Ong, XIX International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Stanford, August 1999, hep-ex/0003014. 11. E. Pare et al, astro-ph/0107301. 12. J. Cortina for the MAGIC collaboration, Proceedings of the Very High Energy Phenomena in the Universe, Les Arcs, France, January 20-27, 2001, astro-ph/0103393.

The CMB anisotropy allows for a determination of the curvature of the Universe. Therefore, while one can not determine unambiguously the value of O ma tt er , one can fix the sum of the matter and dark energy (cosmological constant) contributions. This is shown in Fig. 15 from the frequentist analysis in 39 . When combined with high redshift supernovae measurements indicating that the Universe is currently accelerating 47 , one would conclude that the dark energy constitutes about 65 % of the closure density leaving the remaining 35 % for matter.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.29 of 5 – based on 41 votes